Build and deploy a business AI Digital Assistant with the ease of building visio diagrams, or ‘Business Process Workflows’. In addition, advanced Visio workflows offer external integration, enabling the workflow to retrieve information from external data sources; e.g. SAP CRM; Salesforce.
As a business, Digital Agent subscriber, Microsoft Bing search results will contain the business’ AI Digital Assistant created using Visio. The ‘Chat’ link will invoke the business’ custom Digital Agent. The Agent has the ability to answer business questions, or lead the user through “complex”, workflows. For example, the user may ask if a particular store has an item in stock, and then place the order from the search results, with a ‘small’ transaction fee to the business. The Digital Assistant may be hosted with MSFT / Bing or an external server. Applying the Digital Assistant to search results pushes the transaction to the surface of the stack.
Leveraging their existing technologies, Microsoft will leap into the custom AI digital assistant business using Visio to design business process workflows, and Bing for promotion placement, and visibility. Microsoft can charge the business for the Digital Agent implementation and/or usage licensing.
- The SDK for Visio that empowers the business user to build business process workflows with ease may have a low to no cost monthly licensing as a part of MSFT’s cloud pricing model.
- Microsoft may charge the business a “per chat interaction” fee model, either per chat, or bundles with discounts based on volume.
- In addition, any revenue generated from the AI Digital Assistant, may be subject to transactional fees by Microsoft.
Why not use Microsoft’s Cortana, or Google’s AI Assistant? Using a ‘white label’ version of an AI Assistant enables the user to interact with an agent of the search listed business, and that agent has business specific knowledge. The ‘white label’ AI digital agent is also empowered to perform any automation processes integrated into the user defined, business workflows. Examples include:
- basic knowledge such as store hours of operation
- more complex assistance, such as walking a [perspective] client through a process such as “How to Sweat Copper Pipes”. Many “how to” articles and videos do exist on the Internet already through blogs or youtube. The AI digital assistant “curator of knowledge” may ‘recommended’ existing content, or provide their own content.
- Proprietary information can be disclosed in a narrative using the AI digital agent, e.g. My order number is 123456B. What is the status of my order?
- Actions, such as employee referrals, e.g. I spoke with Kate Smith in the store, and she was a huge help finding what I needed. I would like to recommend her. E.g.2. I would like to re-order my ‘favorite’ shampoo with my details on file. Frequent patrons may reorder a ‘named’ shopping cart.
Escalation to a human agent is also a feature. When the business process workflow dictates, the user may escalate to a human in ‘real-time’, e.g. to a person’s smartphone.
Note: As of yet, Microsoft representatives have made no comment relating to this article.