The HoloLens may propel Microsoft back to the ‘Cool’ kid on the block. The HoloLens has the potential to “fly off the shelves” in tandem to Windows 10.
Ever since I saw the movie Blue Thunder, I wanted my own Heads-up display (HUD). Here are a few suggestions for implementation:
- ‘Priced to sell’: Even if the cost of the hardware is reduced to a thin the margin, that may or may not be enough. From day one, these “Windows into Windows” must be viewed as essential to the ‘enhanced’ OS package, like ‘Windows 10 Home Media’.
- Microsoft, Enable Channel Sales (DELL, HP) to offer Microsoft Windows 10 and HoloLens ‘Media’ package deals, together both the OS and the HoloLens are offered at a reduced price.
- The HoloLens and Windows 10 User Interface (UI) significantly enhances how the consumer interacts with Operating Systems.
- [Channel] Sales may offer bundled HoloLens / Windows 10 applications, e.g. Minecraft;
- Analyze / prioritize top 10 (N) opportunities for application development, and produce internally, and/or with partners.
- Partners may range from software vendors to accredited training programs, e.g. flight school XYZ
- Intuitive and feature rich developer APIs:
- Provide the HoloLens developer a software ‘Simulator’
- Products with source code examples
- Quick path from development to market: Lean application vetting process; including the vetting of app developers.
- Education levels 6 to 12 and beyond can benefit, segmented by: the sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics); Trade Schools such as Automotive and HVAC;
- Colleges and Universities may be early adopters, and expand their Massive open online courses to including remote participation, e.g. medicine
- Applying for an ‘operator license’? HoloLens, accompanied with a licensed operator, allows users to wear the HoloLens, and follow a step by step, interactive tutorial within the vehicle, e.g. Car, Boat, Helicopter, Truck, Airplane, etc.
Click here: comprehensive list of Augmented Reality (AR) apps.
Interesting articles on Microsoft’s Hololens:
Microsoft dives deeper into HoloLens details: ‘Holographic processor’ role revealed
Microsoft leaps into 3D computing with Windows Holographic and HoloLens
Hands-on with Microsoft’s HoloLens: The 3D augmented reality future is now