Report: Apple testing 64-bit iPhone processor with a “motion tracking” chip — Tech News and Analysis.
The 64 Bit Chip would certainly make the mobile race interesting. Having a like for like comparison of processing speed, with a similar app on Android, Apple, and Microsoft Mobile operating systems would be ideal, and the results published.
In a collaborative effort by the mobile industry to have more applications run on their platforms, the mobile OS vendors will provide a Java Virtual Machine, or JVM, with OS builds, and additionally enable their SDKs with the ability to ingest and create jar files so the code may be tweaked per OS platform. This move by the mobile industry is seen as a huge win for the vendors trailing in the market place, but it is deemed as an overall win for the industry. HTML 5 will need to wait a little longer on the promise to unify platforms.
Moto X. Ready when you are..
Great advertisement for the new Motorola phone.
As a way to continue to sell into their existing channel, as well as retain their existing customer base, I might try a sales/marketing strategy if I was a wireless carrier, which would bring in existing customers every six months into the store.
Analogous to an oil change for your car, or mandatory service, I would require existing customer base into a participating wireless carrier partner to perform the following on the existing user’s smartphone:
- Check the performance of the smartphone upon existing ‘idle conditions’, and determine if there are any application [services] are required to run by querying the user, and uninstalling any currently unused applications.
- Check the performance of the smartphone upon start up, and see if there are any performance enhancement tools can be installed to the smartphone to help curb the usage of the memory and CPU cycles. Company may advocate new third party products for the smartphone platform.
- Depending upon the timing and the available deals, company may advocate any third party peripheral products, such as a car charger,or an male to male jack to plug the sound into your car to play music; a Bluetooth headset, or help connect your phone to your cars existing Bluetooth system.
- Depending upon the timing and the available deals, company may advocate for an upgrade to the existing smartphone, either the Operating System or the hardware.
- The company may try to sell another line into the package; i.e. sell additional lines, or new features that may be available at the current time, or conversion from a single to a family / multiple line package.
Are you ever on the phone with the customer service representative, and you would like the ability to send back a message regarding your interaction, and maybe a good message, e.g., this was a great customer service representative, and they should be commended; or I spoke to ‘Sally’ on 5/2; sorry sir, I have no record of that conversation.
Why doesn’t all companies text us to our smartphone the representatives ID, and an identifying identification number for the record of the conversation? Too easy? Probably.
Google Plus mobile should have the stylistic capabilities of Instagram to apply to their mobile photos, on Android, for example. At this point, you cannot apply the styles to photos as you can on Facebook / Instagram, and post photos to Google Plus.
Build or Buy? Facebook / Instagram.
Thinking back to the horror movie by Stephen King, Carrie, I can’t help to draw the many analogies from the car to the smartphone. Men were, and still are obsessive about their cars, fixing them, treating them like real people, with such care, and in some cases, calling their car’s name a woman, implying a romantic connection. If we move forward to the smartphone, we are obsessive about our smartphones, constantly upgrading, babying them, and getting them screen and body protection. We even talk to our smartphones and they answer back with amazing answers. I am not saying that our phones will try to kill us as many pop cult movies imply, what I am saying is try to spend an equal amount of time with all your loved ones, as I blog right now.
Happy Mother’s Day