Content is king. It seems to be resonating throughout the Entertainment universes. Fantastic! Content creators managing their content through licensing, and through their own distribution channel(s). The creation of short clips to entice viewers. Of course, navigation to view content on a revolving carousel.
The entertainment industry has had successful initiatives in marketing their own content. and licensing their content for distribution and viewing to consumers.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
Sitting in your living room with VR headsets, enabling you to socialize before virtually entering the Theater. Virtual meet ups for discussion / interaction around Genre, e.g. Action, Sci-Fi; or Adhoc meet ups, ‘e.g. by Actor, or Movie interests
Enable a viewer to select, and rotate perspectives of the actors/actress currently in the scene.
- Movie / Television Trivia (by Genre, by Actor, by Movie)
Another creative way to match up viewer with media beyond the ‘Carousel’: Design games around the content provider’s owned or licensed content. It will make for a more enriched experience, and help the viewer find their entertainment for the evening. Even put together a licensing relationship with Hasbro for a spin off Trivial Pursuit. ‘Sponsored puzzles’ like on ‘Wheel of Fortune‘ may help to bring in Advertising dollars. Or a licensing deal with Screenlife, makers of Scene It?, Looks like Screenlife is a Paramount property, small world.
- reconstituting a ‘famous and recognizable’ image. The image is taken directly from one of the movies being streamed.
- Guess where the movie or TV show short clip originated. Select to stream, or play another round.
- In what movie or TV show did ‘this’ main theme song originate?