Application Integration Opportunities:
Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, Apple iWork
- Advice is integrated within the application, proactive and reactive: When searching in Microsoft Edge, a blinking circle representing Cortana is illuminated. Cortana says “I’ve collected similar articles on this topic.” If selected, presents 10 similar results in a right panel to help you find what you need.
Personal Data Access and Management
- The user can vocally access their personal data, and make modifications to that data; E.g. Add entries to their Calendar, and retrieve the current day’s agenda.
Platform Capabilities: Mobile Phone Advantage
Strengthen core telephonic capabilities where competition, Amazon and Microsoft, are relatively week.
- Ability to record conversations, and push/store content in Cloud, e.g. iCloud. Cloud Serverless recording mechanism dynamically tags a conversations with “Keywords” creating an Index to the conversation. Users may search recording, and playback audio clips +/- 10 seconds before and after tagged occurrence.
Calls into the User’s Smartphones May Interact Directly with the Digital Assistant
- Call Screening – The digital assistant asks for the name of the caller, purpose of the call, and if the matter is “Urgent”
- A generic “purpose” response, or a list of caller purpose items can be supplied to the caller, e.g. 1) Schedule an Appointment
- The smartphone’s user would receive the caller’s name, and the purpose as a message back to the UI from the call, currently in a ‘hold’ state,
- The smartphone user may decide to accept the call, or reject the call and send the caller to voice mail.
- A caller may ask to schedule a meeting with the user, and the digital assistant may access the user’s calendar to determine availability. The digital assistant may schedule a ‘tentative’ appointment within the user’s calendar.
- If calendar indicates availability, a ‘tentative’ meeting will be entered. The smartphone user would have a list of tasks from the assistant, and one of the tasks is to ‘affirm’ availability of the meetings scheduled.
- If a caller would like to know the address of the smartphone user’s office, the Digital Assistant may access a database of “generally available” information, and provide it. The Smartphone user may use applications like Google Keep, and any note tagged with a label “Open Access” may be accessible to any caller.
- Custom business workflows may be triggered through the smartphone, such as “Pay by Phone”. When a caller is calling a business user’s smartphone, the call goes to “voice mail” or “digital assistant” based on smartphone user’s configuration. If the user reaches the “Digital Assistant”, there may be a list of options the user may perform, such as “Request for Service” appointment. The caller would navigate through a voice recognition, one of many defined by the smartphone users’ workflows.
Platform Capabilities: Mobile Multimedia
Either through your mobile Smartphone, or through a portable speaker with voice recognition (VR).
- Streaming media / music to portable device based on interactions with Digital Assistant.
- Menu to navigate relevant (to you) news, and Digital Assistant to read articles through your portable media device (without UI)
Third Party Partnerships: Adding User Base, and Expanding Capabilities
In the form of platform apps (abstraction), or 3rd party APIs which integrate into the Digital Assistant, allowing users to directly execute application commands, e.g. Play Spotify song, My Way by Frank Sinatra.
- Any “Skill Set” with specialized knowledge: direct Q&A or instructional guidance – e.g Home Improvement, Cooking
- eCommerce Personalized Experience – Amazon
- Home Automation – doors, thermostats
- Music – Spotify
- Navigate Set Top Box (STB) – e.g. find a program to watch
- Video on Demand (VOD) – e.g. set to record entertainment