As a way to continue to sell into their existing channel, as well as retain their existing customer base, I might try a sales/marketing strategy if I was a wireless carrier, which would bring in existing customers every six months into the store.
Analogous to an oil change for your car, or mandatory service, I would require existing customer base into a participating wireless carrier partner to perform the following on the existing user’s smartphone:
- Check the performance of the smartphone upon existing ‘idle conditions’, and determine if there are any application [services] are required to run by querying the user, and uninstalling any currently unused applications.
- Check the performance of the smartphone upon start up, and see if there are any performance enhancement tools can be installed to the smartphone to help curb the usage of the memory and CPU cycles. Company may advocate new third party products for the smartphone platform.
- Depending upon the timing and the available deals, company may advocate any third party peripheral products, such as a car charger,or an male to male jack to plug the sound into your car to play music; a Bluetooth headset, or help connect your phone to your cars existing Bluetooth system.
- Depending upon the timing and the available deals, company may advocate for an upgrade to the existing smartphone, either the Operating System or the hardware.
- The company may try to sell another line into the package; i.e. sell additional lines, or new features that may be available at the current time, or conversion from a single to a family / multiple line package.
An eye for eye ends up making the whole world blind. – Mahatma Gandhi
Knowledge is power – Francis Bacon
Hitch your wagon to a star. – Ralph Waldo Emasco
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever. – Napoleon Bonaparte
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. – Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. – Albert Einstein
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. – Eleanor Roosevelt
In this space, and in this time, I am an essential person to the world. My journey in life is unique. It is MY journey.
In an unorthodox move by Dell, they partner up with AMD to produce a smartphone that is on par with their Alienware computers, and is to be included in their line, glowing Alien on the back and all.
The new phone, yet to be disclosed the project name, Alienware Smartphone will take the smartphone to their highest computational limits on the market today, so you should expect the device to have top of the line cameras, NFC, Bluetooth, removable battery, MicroSD, and it will be an unlocked phone. That’s right, since so many carriers are starting to up the price and perform less subsidization, and require longer contracts, other carriers, such as T-Mobile are allowing bring your own phone, and their customers not obligated to contract. They are also promoting paying full retail for phones, and including the phone in the monthly cost.
Dell Alienware hardware traditionally comes with high quality, but with a high price tag, so don’t expect any bargains, but do expect a blazing fast phone.