Cloud Storage Solutions need differentiation that matters, a tipping point to select one platform over the other.
Common Platforms Used:
Differentiation may come in the form of:
- Collaborative Content Creation Software, such as DropBox Paper enables individuals or teams to produce content, all the while leveraging the Storage platform for e.g. version control,
- Embedded integration in a suite of content creation applications, such as Microsoft Office, and OneDrive.
- Making the storage solution available to developers, such as with AWS S3, and Box. Developers may create apps powered by the Box Platform or custom integrations with Box
- iCloud enables users to backup their smartphone, as well tightly integrating with the capture and sharing of content, e.g. Photos.
Cloud Content Lifecycle Categories:
- Content Creation
- 3rd Party (e.g. Camera) or Integrated Platform Products
- Content Ingestion
- Capture Content and Associated Metadata
- Content Collaboration
- Share, Update and Distribution
- Content Discovery
- Surface Content; Searching and Drill Down
- Retention Rules
- Auto expire pointer to content, or underlying content