I don’t see it when I log in to my AT&T Wireless account…yet, but I was trying to put a cap or maximum amount of the shared data each person in the plan is ALLOWED to use. A use case, my kids are on my family plan, and I want to limit their data usage.
Another possible case, from a small business perspective, if you add a few lines on your plan, then you may allocate to specific type of employees, such as sales reps., specific amounts of data. There are several types of widgets can be used, such as a pie chart, and the total pie represents the total data package, and each slice represents an allocation to each member of the shared plan.
Update: I stand corrected, and do see an AT&T Smart Limits for 4.99 USD per month: Am not sure if the ‘allocation program’ is implemented like the use case I presented.
- Block Unwanted Calls and Texts: Specify up to ’30’ blocked numbers.
- Prevent 411 Charges: Easily block calls to 411 Info.
- Limit Data Usage: Set monthly limits on data usage per billing cycle.
- Limit Texting: Set monthly limit for number of text messages per billing cycle
- Limit Purchases: Limit monthly purchases, such as apps and games that are billed directly to your AT&T account. Does not restrict credit card purchases from smartphone app stores.
- Limit Phone Use By Time of Day: Restrict texting, data usage and outbound calling during specified times of day. Designate allowed numbers regardless of other restrictions – up to 15 numbers.